A rockhound's must-have resource
Easy to use and lavishly illustrated, this new and completely revised and expanded edition of Collecting Rocks, Gems, and Minerals is designed with beginners in mind, yet filled with valuable technical information for seasoned collectors. This guide takes you from being simply someone who enjoys rocks to a knowledgeable enthusiast in no time and features:
- An easy-to-use, quick reference format arranged by category and color of stone
- 800+ beautiful color photographs
- Values and tips for locating, buying and collecting
- Both lapidary and mineral display materials
- Decades of rock-collecting know-how of the author
Foreword by Johann Zenz, world-renowned agate expert, author and lecturer.
Author Patti Polk: About the Author
Patti Polk is recognized as one of the top agate collectors in the world, as noted in the highly respected reference book, Agates III, by Johann Zenz. A passionate rockhound, she has been collecting, cutting, and polishing rocks for jewelry and display for more than 20 years. A skilled lapidary artist, Patti is also the author of Collecting Agates and Jaspers of North America, has been published in Rock & Gem Magazine and numerous other periodicals, and speaks at rock and mineral club programs.